We may collect, use, store and transfer a number of different kinds of personal information about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes [name, title, date of birth and gender].
- Contact Data includes [billing address, delivery address, email address and phone numbers].
- Financial Data includes [bank account and payment card details].
- Transaction Data includes [details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased / ordered from us, such as distillery tours].
- Technical Data includes [internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website].
- Profile Data includes [details of your username and password as a registered user of our website; purchases or orders made by you in relation to any products or services; subscriptions by you to any newsletters or to any products or services we provide; details of any interests, preferences, survey responses, feedback or complaints which you have communicated to us; and details which you have provided in relation to taking part in any competition or promotion sponsored by us].
- Usage Data includes [information about how you use our website, products and services].
- Marketing and Communications Data includes [name, email address, your preferences in receiving marketing materials, promotions and/or newsletters from us and your communication preferences].
We may also be required to process additional information about you from time to time in the course of operating our business where this is necessary for the purposes of administering our business correctly and/or promoting our products and services effectively.
Where we need to collect personal information by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with products or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have ordered from us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
How we use your information
We will only use your personal information where we have a lawful basis for doing so. Most commonly, we will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those legitimate interests.
- Where we need to comply with any legal obligation or regulatory requirement.
We may also use consent as a lawful basis for providing you with marketing communications in certain circumstances.
How to contact us
Please get in touch if you have any questions about how we use your information or you wish to contact us about your legal rights or if you have any complaints or feedback about our use of your information. Please contact us at any time by sending an email to us at email@example.com
If you wish to submit a complaint or express any concerns about our use of your information, please contact us in the first instance. We will do our best to resolve your complaint or address your concerns to your satisfaction. However, if you feel that we have not resolved your complaint or addressed your concerns, please note that you have right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office, the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues.
Please note that we may update this privacy notice at any time. Any changes to this privacy notice will be posted on our website, and where appropriate, notified to you by email.